Monday, November 21, 2011

Mom's Sweet Potato Souffle

Mom's Sweet Potato Souffle
There is nothing better to me during the holiday's besides my mom's sweet potato souffle and cornbread stuffing. I'm so excited to share both recipes with you. If neither one of these are on the table for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I'd be really upset. Thankfully, that won't happen since I have the recipes now and I'm sharing them with you.
P.s. Another one-bowl-stop recipe!


Ingredients:
3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup room temperature butter
2 beaten eggs
1tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk (hey, how about some buttermilk instead!)
1/8tsp cinnamon

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 cup white flour (I used wheat flour and it rocked all the same)
1 cup chopped pecans


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking/baking spray.
Mix all ingredients together with a mixer. Add to greased baking dish.
HOW EASY WAS THAT? haha


For the topping, stir all ingredients together and all to the top of the sweet potato mixture that's already in your baking dish. Add the nuts now if everyone likes nuts. Sprinkle on top.



Someone in my family doesn't like them so I added half of the nuts to my side of the dish after I sprinkled the topping mixture.



Now, if you like nuts, add them here.



Bake for approximately 30 minutes and let cool at least 10 minutes before serving. This is also a great recipe that tastes good cold the second day right out of the fridge.

You can make ahead and freeze this or bake it then freeze it. Pull it out and place in the fridge the night before serving. If you need to bake it, set the pan out (defrosted) for at least 30 minutes before baking. If you pre-baked it, you can bake it again to warm it up in the oven about 15 minutes or until bubbly.

I like this as a side or a dessert. It's sweet and tasty! Thanks for the recipe, mom. I love you!

Eat and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment