Sunday, February 26, 2012

Paleo Applesauce/Apple Butter

Paleo Applesauce/Apple Butter
Hi.
I'm Angela and I'm an addict. Yep, that's right. I'm addicted to apple butter. It's so creamy and sweet and tangy and goes well on anything you put it on. Okay, so maybe just toast, but it just makes my mouth water thinking about it! My mom would bring me a few jars of it back everytime she went to TN on a trip and I always looked forward to her special delivery.



I had some apples laying around that were getting a little bit soft and I didn't want to throw them away so I decided I'd make apple sauce in my slow cooker. It was simple!

Ingredients:
7-10 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/2 cup water
1Tbsp cinnamon, or as much as you'd like to add







Peel Apples

















Core Apples
















Chop and place in slow cooker with water and sprinkle with cinnamon.














Blend until desired
consistency.














Can if you'd like.


Directions:Peel, core and chopped your apples then place them in the slow cooker. Add the water and then sprinkle the cinnamon on top of the apples. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours. Mine was done in 3 hours. You can leave it chunky if you want but I used my hand blender and blended away and canned them. If you want to can, do your normal process with the new seals and then add the jars to simmering water and then boil for 10 minutes.

Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment